- B.C. Home
- Ministry of Citizens’ Services and Open Government
- Office of the Chief Information Officer
- About the OCIO
- Architecture and Standards
- Identity Information Management
- Information Security
- Intellectual Property Program
- Legislation, Privacy and Policy
- Network BC
- Strategic Partnerships
- Contact Us
Architecture and Standards Development Lifecycle
Purpose of Document
This document sets out the processes used by the British Columbia Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) for the development and approval of information management and information technology (IM/IT) architecture and standards.
It describes the steps in the IM/IT Architecture and Standards Development Lifecycle from initiation to retirement and the roles and responsibilities of the individuals and organizations involved in this lifecycle.
It also sets out the process for requesting and receiving approval for an exemption to an IM/IT standard.
- The Architecture and Standards Development Lifecycle
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Requests for an Exemption to a Standard
Download the PDF version (235 KB)
If you would like more information or to provide feedback please contact the Architecture and Standards Branch at ASB.CIO@gov.bc.ca.