- B.C. Home
- Ministry of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services
- Office of the Chief Information Officer
- About the OCIO
- Architecture and Standards
- Identity Information Management
- Information Security
- Intellectual Property Program
- Legislation, Privacy and Policy
- Network BC
- Strategic Partnerships
- Contact Us
Office of the Chief Information Officer
Welcome to the Office of the Chief Information Officer.
As government’s chief IM/IT strategist, the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) plays a leadership role in promoting and guiding the management of government information as a strategic business asset, and supporting technology infrastructure as a key component of business transformation. The work of the OCIO is focused on:
- IM/IT Corporate Vision
- IM/IT Legislation, Policy and Standards
- Technology Solutions
- Transformation and Technology
This includes collaborating with ministries, broader public sector organizations, communities and private sector suppliers on cross-government initiatives in support of government's objectives.
September 1, 2014
Sharing with others is considered a good thing that comes naturally. Passwords, however, are not meant to be shared. They serve to protect our IT devices and the information they hold. The Information Security Awareness focus for September is on the importance of Passwords. A new Password Quiz is available to highlight best practices.